The Bangladesh Army is the largest branch of the Bangladesh Armed Forces and operates land-based operations. It is one of the three uniformed services of the Armed Forces in Bangladesh.
The Bangladesh Army emerged as a full-fledged force and was established officially during the Liberation War of Bangladesh, on November 21, 1971. The Army Force was built after the war with the Mukti Bahini personnel.
BD Army has earned reputation across the world due to its peacekeeping operation capabilities in tumultuous regions. Bangladesh Army not only participated in various peacekeeping missions, but also helped build war-torn nations. Bangladesh Army is currently under a massive retrofitting, expansion and modernization campaign.
Because of honor, dignity, and the benefits associated with the Bangladesh Army, young Bangladeshi males and females feel compelled to enlist. Serving the countrymen and becoming a hero is a dream for most of the guys and girls of Bangladesh and joining to the army can be a life changing decision for you towards the dream.
I wrote this article in order to provide those enthusiasts with a detailed guideline covering all the aspects and requirements you must fulfill to move ahead.
Jump To The Right Section
Requirements To Join Bangladesh Army
The requirements mentioned below concern the enlistees who want to be recruited as a Commissioned Officer.
- Age: Both male and female candidates must be from 17-21 years.
- Minimum Academic Qualification:
1. You have to pass your H.S.C./Equivalent examination. Candidates, who are from Cadet Colleges get extra benefits in joining for enlistment as they already had the basics of Army on their academics syllabus.
2. You have to get at least GPA 3 (B) in both S.S.C. and H.S.C. to apply for this post.
3. You can be of science, commerce or arts/humanities background.
4. You can be from an English medium college, Bangla medium college or Madrasa.
Minimum Physical Qualifications:
Weight: 45.36 Kg
Chest: 30” normal, 32” extended
Weight: 40.82 Kg
Chest: 28” normal, 30” extended
All candidates must have good eyesight (6/6) (with/without spectacles)*.
N.B. – you will be selected for enlistment, even if you are wearing spectacles of -2.5 power (but not above it). Keep your glasses with yourself on the day of your Preliminary Viva and Medical checkup.
Marital Status : You must be unmarried.
Procedures of Application
- Go to www.joinbangladesharmy.mil.bd/
- Click on Apply Online
- Attach a passport-size formal photograph of yourself
- Fill up the form as instructed
- Participate in two-stage Preliminary Examination that consists of Preliminary Medical Check-Up and Preliminary Viva
- Participate in the Written Examination
- Take part in Inter Services Selection Board (ISSB) Examination
- Prepare yourself for final medical checkup
Contacts of Bangladesh Army
Information Technology Directorate
General Staff Branch
Dhaka Cantonment, Dhaka-1206
Website To Contact: www.army.mil.bd/Contact_Us
Depending upon the Educational background; your initial rank can be a Major, Lieutenant or a general military man. The journey as a Army is bitter-sweet. Once any critical situation happens; you may take the risk of loosing your life. Otherwise, Bangladesh Army passes the most luxurious lifestyle in Bangladesh.
So, go ahead, give it a try, join in and become a proud member of Bangladesh Army.