Do you know what the total area of Bangladesh is?
Do you know where Dhaka Division is located?
Bangladesh, the South Asian country, has the total area of 56,977 square miles (1,48,393 square kilometers). According to the 2011 census, the country has a vast population of 142,319,000, making the country one of the most densely populated countries in the world.
The map of Bangladesh consists of divisions and districts marked separately. The country has 8 divisions and 64 districts.
Bangladesh is a sovereign country, bordering with India from West, North, and East. Myanmar is located in the southeast side of Bangladesh. And, the Bay of Bengal is located in the South.
Jump To The Right Section
- 1 Map of Bangladesh
- 2 Bangladesh Divisional Map
- 2.1 Barishal Division of Bangladesh
- 2.2 Chittagong Division in Bangladesh Map
- 2.3 Dhaka Division in Bangladesh Map
- 2.4 Khulna Division in Map of Bangladesh
- 2.5 New Mymensingh Division location in Bangladesh Map
- 2.6 North area Bangladeshi Map with Rajshahi Division
- 2.7 Rangpur Division in Map of BD
- 2.8 Sylhet Divisional Map With Information
- 3 The position of Divisions of Bangladesh in the Map
Map of Bangladesh
This Bangladesh Map shows the geographic locations of Dhaka city and other major cities, districts and political divisions of the country. Dhaka is the capital of the country, located in the center of the map. Dhaka City is located on the banks of the Buriganga River.
The capital Dhaka is known as the City of Mosques.
Bangladesh Divisional Map
Bangladesh currently has 8 divisions. The 8 divisions are Dhaka, Chittagong, Rajshahi, Khulna, Rangpur, Sylhet, Barisal and Mymensinngh (new division ). Proposed Divisions of the country are Comilla Division and Faridpur Division.
Barishal Division of Bangladesh
Main City: Barisal
Districts : 6
Union Parishads: 333
Chittagong Division in Bangladesh Map
Main City: Chittagong
Union Parishads: 336
Dhaka Division in Bangladesh Map
Main City: Dhaka
Union Parishads: 1833
Khulna Division in Map of Bangladesh
Main City: Khulna
Union Parishads: 270
Area: 22,284.22 km2
New Mymensingh Division location in Bangladesh Map
Main City: Mymensingh
Districts : 4
Union Parishads: 350
Area: 10,584.06 km2
North area Bangladeshi Map with Rajshahi Division
Main City: Rajshahi
Total Districts : 8
Total Union Parishads: 558
Area: 18,153.08 km2
Population of Rajshahi Division: 18,484,858
Rangpur Division in Map of BD
Main City: Rangpur
Total Districts: 8
Total Union Parishads: 536
Area: 16,184.99 km2
Population of Rangpur Division: 15,787,758
Sylhet Divisional Map With Information
Main City: Sylhet
Total Districts: 4
Total Union Parishads: 334
Area: 16,184.99 km2
Population of Sylhet Division: 9,910,219
The position of Divisions of Bangladesh in the Map
- Dhaka division is located in the middle of Bangladesh with bordering Barisal, Khulna, Comilla, Mymensingh, Rajshahi.
- Rajshahi Division is located in north-west of Bangladeshi Map with boarding Khulna, Mymensing and Dhaka.
- Sylhet Division is located in the North-east of Bangladesh Map with boardering Mymensing and Comilla.
- Chittagong Division can be found in the East-South of Bangladesh map with boardeing Barisal and Dhaka.
- Barisal division is in the North of Bangladesh Map with bordering Dhaka, Khulna and Chittagong.
- Khulna is in the South-west of Bangladesh with bordering Barisal, Rajshahi and Dhaka.
The Map of Bangladesh offers concise knowledge on geographic locations of divisions and districts in Bangladesh. Make sure you’re knowledgeable about it. Learn everything about the Map of Bangladesh from this article.